Tuesday 15 February 2011

saint valentine, kiss my ...

As the likelihood of my being destined for spinsterhood grows, I find that I prefer to purchase nice things for myself rather than wait for someone to present them to me. This is just as well  because according to those who know me best, I am so particular that shopping for me is supposedly a nightmarish challenge not to be attempted by the faint of heart. BUT, so what if I am particular? At least I know EXACTLY what I like.

Usually I don't require any specific reason for a little self-gifting but certain things do seem more appropriate on Hallmark worthy occasions. Being an independent, young-ish woman (read subtext- romantic loser) I thought Valentine's Day provided the perfect excuse to commence a new annual tradition.

The plan was that little sister and myself would each buy the other a lovely adornment. The inaugural piece? A jordy by Jordan Askill ring. Armed with my trusty credit card, I trekked down to Violent Green at noon to pick out said rings with little sister. Well, wouldn't you know it? Saint Valentine was clearly giving me and my new tradition the finger(har, har) as they were SOLD OUT. Bummer.

Not one to give up so easily I went online where one google search and two websites later yielded another stockist, Mycatwalk.com. Not quite the shopping experience I was after but what to do? Online purchase it would have to be. They should be here before the end of the week. Middle finger (right hand) can't wait for a little jordy action!

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure online shopping gratifications were exactly what our feminist foremothers had in mind all those years ago. Keep the spinster fires burning, missesfancypants :)

    ReplyDelete